Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mary Jo's - Fabric Mecca

I don't know Mary Jo, but I love her. This is her store.

This is what you see when you walk in...nothing fancy. No pretty mock-ups hanging from the ceiling, no decorations. Just 32,000 feet of textile bliss! If you don't live near Charlotte, you really have to allow for at least a day to roam the aisles. They have everything you would want. And when I say everything, I mean everything.

The ladies there know their stuff. One of my cutters said that she had been there for 38 years. I've been going to this store since I was 10. Nothing has changed, and it doesn't need to.

We went there to pick out fabric for my friend Jamie's curtains. Won't this look great in her dining room? But, of course I bought a few things for myself as well.


There was a whole row of vintage prints.


These are the Amy Butler prints and such.

It's a good thing that I only live about 1 1/2 hours away. It's close enough that I can go there when I "need" some things. But, far enough away that I don't spend my days there and break the bank. I would probably have to get a job there just to pay for the fabric I wanted.

Upcoming projects made from my purchases? - table top ironing pads, quilts for my boys beds and Isaac's outfit for his 1st birthday party - pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I have been to that store twice and never bought anything. Why--because there is just too much to choose from and I just couldn't make a decision. Ridiculous I know. I was also in a hurry both times. I need to go back when I have an hour, or four!

    ReplyDelete